MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-26-2005, 12:52 AM   #1
trndkll67
Registered Member

Default Installing a WIndow Regulator

So I'm trying to get the *******' window regulator out of the LH door on my 67 coupe. The roller that glides inside the track attached to the window assembly is the only roller not yet free. I can't maneuver the regulator to get the roller off the track and I can't seem to get the bolt loose that attaches the window bracket to the track to slide it out either. I have contemplated breaking the roller off so I can get it out and reinstalling a new one later. Is this a bad idea? This shouldn't be this difficult! How in hell do I proceed? SHow I reattach everything and start again using a different method?
trndkll67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 09:24 AM   #2
Ingeneius
Sonic Blue 2005 Convertible GT

Default Re: Installing a WIndow Regulator

http://www.midnightdsigns.com/james/Smooth%20Doors.htm

Maybe this will help!
Old 05-26-2005, 10:38 AM   #3
Kisner
Registered Member

Default Re: Installing a WIndow Regulator

It's been a few years since I removed and installed my windows but if my memory serves me correctly, you need to remove the window stops on each side before you can raise it high enough to get the other roller out. There's one on the right (front part of the door) and I believe one on the left (rear part of the door). If I remember correctly, I had to have the window rolled down just enough to see the right hand stop through one of the round holes in the door to remove it. The one on the left I believe I removed through the back of the door (had to remove the rubber seal on the top back of the door). I think there's 3 small screws holding the window to the track and I had a heck of time getting one out also. Kept spraying WD-40 on it and tapping it and it finally gave way. If you can't locate the stops I'll try to find a diagram.
Kisner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: