MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-22-2003, 09:49 PM   #1
daisy
Registered Member

Default insurance for parts?

What company will insure spare car parts that one may have laying around the garage, waiting to be put onto a drivable vehicle? Is there any such thing? Renter's insuance people told me to go to a classic car insurance dealer, but they don't say anything about parts that aren't attached to a registerd car (as far as I've seen so far anyway). So, what do you do? I'm renting, so as I say, have renter's insurance, which won't cover the spare '69 door panels, or the engines and whatnot stacked on shelves in the garage. Suggestions? Please?

Much thanks~
daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 11:18 AM   #2
Kisner
Registered Member

When I was restoring my 68 I had several thousand dollars worth of new and restored parts all over my garage. My homeowner's insurance wouldn't cover anything and my car insurance company told me they couldn't cover anything until the car was put together and drivable. Scared me to death for 4 years since I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and we continually get hit by hurricanes. Fortunately, we didn't have a direct hit during that time. I don't know for sure, but I don't think you can get insurance on the parts until they're on the car and it's finished.
Kisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 05:18 PM   #3
daisy
Registered Member

Thanks for the response on that~ It's hard to believe that there isn't anything out there to protect something that's so valuable. Anyone want to start a business?

daisy is offline   Reply With Quote