MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-08-2005, 07:05 PM   #1
66GTStang
Registered Member

Default Interior Lights Fuse Keeps Blowing

I could use a little electrical help. I have a 1966 GT Fastback that recently started blowing the interior light fuse. How and where do I begin to look for the reason the fuse breaks? I haven't changed or added anything new to the car.

Thanks in advance
66GTStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:41 PM   #2
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Default Re: Interior Lights Fuse Keeps Blowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66GTStang
I could use a little electrical help. I have a 1966 GT Fastback that recently started blowing the interior light fuse. How and where do I begin to look for the reason the fuse breaks? I haven't changed or added anything new to the car.

Thanks in advance
I'd start with the obvious first ... Headlight switch, they are natoriously bad in the early mustangs and falcons ... pull it and see if it looks like it's been really hot ... if that looks ok, from there i'd try to isolate where in the car the problem is, for instance, does it blow everytime you open the drivers door(check the door switch and wiring), or the passenger door ? everytime you move the shift lever or the turn signal lever ?
Sometimes by just observing what is going on when it blows, you can at least narrow it down to what area in the car the problem is, then you can check that area for frayed or burned wires etc.
Hope that helps a little ... those obscure shorts can be very frustrating !! Good luck

Rod
Under Construction: 64 Falcon 372 cu in. stroker 1:72 rod ratio 6.250" rods (long rod), Comp Cams XE274 230/236 520/526 @ .050, Scorpion Rollers, Roush 200 irons, 10:1 Keith Blacks, Hedman long tubes, 750 Holley DP, Edelbrock Victor Jr., C4 3500 stall, gears and tires to be anounced.
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 09:56 PM   #3
66GTStang
Registered Member

Thanks Rod for the input. Sounds like a good starting point.

TC
66GTStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 05:16 PM   #4
jcourt
Registered Member

Another thing you can do is pull out certain fuses out one at a time and try to isolate the short. Also check under the drivers door kick panel. or if you have a trailer hitch check inside the cap where the plug goes in for build up.
jcourt is offline   Reply With Quote