MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-19-2003, 12:51 PM   #1
bigbandjohn
Registered Member

Default Analog Radios, Kick Panel speakers, Installation and coloring questions

Hey everyone

With about 5 days left before my 66 will be road safe, I am starting to look at the other projects. One of the things I decided was to put in a radio. However, since it would be an additional item (this car never had a radio), I decided to not put in the regular speakers, but to go with "Kick Panel" speakers. This way, I can easily reverse everything with no damage to the car. Here are my issues, and I would like to know your experiences.

All the kick panel speakers come in Black. They recommend painting them with some special laquer paint they sell. I also have seen carpet (which matches what's in the car) to go over it. What do you recommend? Just put the carpet over it, or does that kill the sound too much? Perhaps there is properly colored kickpanels available elsewhere?

Note, my interior is turquoise.

BTW, my current radio of choice is the "USA-3" which has the analog dial, since it would look more like an "authentic period" item. I am open to suggestions for other radio models similarly styled (especially if it has a CD in it ).

Thanks.
bigbandjohn is offline   Reply With Quote