MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-24-2005, 08:57 AM   #1
jasonc
Registered Member

Default Know any good repair shops/mechanics in the Dallas/Fw Texas area?

Howdy to all: First of all a plea, please help me locate a good/credible repair shop in the DFW, Texas area. My wife and I moved to the DFW area about 3 months ago and it has been a real struggle to find a mustang mechanic in this area. When I say a good/credible repair shop I mean one that ACTUALLY FIXES the problem, or suggests additional repairs that should be made. I don't mind the cost, I just want my car to be reliable enough where I can drive it once a week and not have (and everyone else that I know, seriously, wife, mom, in-laws, friends, even co-workers and BOSS) worry about me being able to make it back home that evening Thank you very much in advance. Jason C
jasonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 06:57 PM   #2
Elvis
Registered Member

Default Re: Know any good repair shops/mechanics in the Dallas/Fw Texas area?

What type of problems are we dealing with? I live in Sherman - about an hour North of Dallas - and have had some of the same issues. Although I try to do a lot of the work on my own, some things are beyond my capability. I have found a few local guys who help me out a lot. A couple of them are heavily into the Mustang scene and really seem to know their stuff. I would be delighted to refer you to them if you can tell me what type of repairs you are dealing with. My biggest problem was getting ripped off by people who claimed to know what they were doing but didn't. By the way, I have had my '67 pretty much rebuilt - body work, paint, steering, suspension, engine rebuild, etc - so I have already made all the mistakes. Let me know if I can help. E.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 06:31 PM   #3
Mustaang girly
Mustaang girly

Smile Re: Know any good repair shops/mechanics in the Dallas/Fw Texas area?

This may seem like a dumb answer but, how about a reputable local Ford dealer to take it to for repairs. Look in the local yellow pages for one closest to you. I'm taking my 05 to the Ford dealer - they seem to be the only ones that don't have a freakout when they see it. I have a brand new 05 and everybody freaks out when they see it except the dealer of course.
Mustaang girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 07:24 PM   #4
Elvis
Registered Member

Default Re: Know any good repair shops/mechanics in the Dallas/Fw Texas area?

There are no dumb answers. However, there is a huge difference in working on a new Mustang and a classic. You definitely need to work with your Ford dealer when you need help with your '05. Regarding the older vehicles, the important thing is to find someone who understands classics. I have moved a lot over the years and was actually fortunate at one place to find a Ford dealer who had a couple of mechanics well versed in repairing older machines so I used them. However, I doubt that anyone at the dealership near where I now live would recognize a carburetor. They are able to plug the computer in and get a diagnosis but there is nowhere to plug in the computer in my car. The best thing to do is to talk to people in local car clubs or Mustang clubs and find out who they use. They will know who is reputable and who is not. E.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote