MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Classic Mustangs (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Turn Signal Switch on '67 (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=33064)

herkdriver 01-13-2003 05:33 PM

Turn Signal Switch on '67

Does anyone know where exactly the turn signal switch is on a '67 Coupe.

According to the Haynes manual I have, its suppose to be on the steering column, passanger side. I can here it clicking, but I can't find it.

In addition, is it cylinderical, or square? The replacemant one I have is cylinderical, and the picture shows a cylinderical one; but I was told it may be square.

Herkdriver

tfish 01-13-2003 09:21 PM

The switch is located under the steering wheel. I replaced the entire switch a while back. Not hard at all. E-mail me with any questions. AJ

stangdude 01-14-2003 10:44 AM

Re: Turn Signal Switch on '67

Quote:

Originally posted by herkdriver
Does anyone know where exactly the turn signal switch is on a '67 Coupe.

According to the Haynes manual I have, its suppose to be on the steering column, passanger side. I can here it clicking, but I can't find it.

In addition, is it cylinderical, or square? The replacemant one I have is cylinderical, and the picture shows a cylinderical one; but I was told it may be square.

Herkdriver

On my 67, the turn signal flasher is behind the dash just above the steering column. Both the turn signal and the 4-way flashers are cylinderical.

herkdriver 01-14-2003 07:15 PM

do you have to remove the dash to get to it?

herkdriver

Kisner 01-15-2003 09:14 PM

Are you talking about the switch or flasher? As previously mentioned, the switch is behind the steering wheel which you'll have to remove. The flasher (which is under the dash) can be removed without removing the dash. On my 68, it's basically in the same location behind the dash above the steering column.

stangdude 01-15-2003 09:41 PM

If you are talking about the flasher, no you don't have to remove the dash just lay on your back on the floor of the driver's side. It may be tucked up in toward the top of the dash, hard to see and hard to get to but you definately should not have to remove the dash.

herkdriver 01-15-2003 09:47 PM

I've tried looking for it, but I can't seem to find it. I can hear though. I'm going to look harder. Thanks for info.

Herkdriver

sn95gt19 01-16-2003 01:28 PM

on my 67 the flasher was mounted on the cluster support right behind the guage cluster, if you take the guage cluster out it should be right there. it is mounted with one of those plastic push in things.

rffollett 09-07-2003 04:35 PM

Turn Signal Switch on '67

One comment, if you are able to hear it, it is apparently
still working. You may be chasing the wrong solution.
Also, on my '67, I just had to replace my turn signal flasher,
which was NOT reachable without removing the instrument
panel. It was tucked up higher than some, perhaps, but
since my wasn't working at all anymore, I couldn't use the
sound to track it down. While I had it all apart, I took the
opportunity to replace the instrument panel bulbs, which
makes my dash MUCH easier to see at night.