MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-29-2001, 01:43 PM   #1
birdy
Registered Member

Cool Mach1,fastback

hi my name is Brittany bird. And have this Mustang. when i got it from the dealership they said it was a Mach1, Fastback. It has both charteristics. but i have not heard of that before. can it be? it has a 351-ci cleveland. i am only 18, so i have not been around long enough to know. Can you tell me about it?
thank You
birdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2001, 06:32 PM   #2
COBRA66
Registered Member

well, there is nothing better than a classic appreciating lady. Mach 1's were fastbacks, more specifically Mach 1's were a styling and performance package on fastbacks(sports roofs) All came with big motors, 351c, 428 etc. What year is it, auto/stick. Gives us some more info, were car guys we live off that kinda stuff. More importantly were stang lovers.
COBRA66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 10:06 PM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Like cobbra66 said mach 1's are fastbacks, but not all fastbacks are mach 1's. Most people don't realize that factor everyone always ask me if my car is a mach 1 and I tell them no alot of them don't believe me.
The best way to tell what ur car is really supposed to be is to check the vin# and then go to www.classicponys.com and they have a vin decoder and that will tell u what ur car is supposed to be.

anyway nice choice on cars. Everyone on here I am sure would love to hear more about ur car.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 mark III

[This message has been edited by 69fastback (edited 01-30-2001).]
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 10:15 PM   #4
69fastback
IRAQ VET

i am sorry it is supposed to be www.classicponycars.com
Old 01-31-2001, 02:26 AM   #5
COBRA66
Registered Member

I don't just want to know about your car, i want to know about you. 18 and you chose a mach 1, will you be my wife. HAHAHA
Old 01-31-2001, 03:38 PM   #6
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Unhappy

Im jeleous!!!! I'm 18 and have a 99 GT Coupe with a five speed and a 68 Fastback GT with a 390 that is one of 256 produced and NO ONE has EVER asked me to marry them!

heehee...

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback
Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 04:09 PM   #7
Clark Rodgers
Registered Member

Thumbs up

The heck with a wife, I would just like a girl friend that would say something besides "you working on the mustang again"

------------------
69 351W Sportsroof deluxe
Clark Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 08:17 PM   #8
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Quote:
Originally posted by RedLilPony:
Im jeleous!!!! I'm 18 and have a 99 GT Coupe with a five speed and a 68 Fastback GT with a 390 that is one of 256 produced and NO ONE has EVER asked me to marry them!

heehee...

your jeleous. U are only 18 and have a 68 and a 99gt I am the jeleous one here trust me. I didn't get my 69 until i was 19 and i didn't get my f150 until i was 24 wich was a few months ago.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 mark III
Old 02-01-2001, 05:51 PM   #9
Tod
Registered Member

Thumbs up

This is gonna turn into a dating service pretty soon. haha just kidding. Birdy welcome by the way. Being a youngster like you and lilredpony (I'm 20), I too am lucky enough to have a nice Mustang at a young age. Bought with my own money I might add (yes I'm proud of that). I'd absolutely LOVE to get my hands on a '69 or '71 Boss. They're my favorite classic musclecars, and a big and beefy Boss would do me just fine. Great choice, I like you already.

Enjoy the car, got any pics? (of the car, that is) ha
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 04:39 AM   #10
Fostang
Registered Member

I can perfectly comprehend this I would just love to find a female to be with that knows what I'm talking about when I refer to fuel injection or carburator ha ha..Yup most girls can't appreciate my taste for old muscle cars I have a 67' fastback my dad has a 67' coupe,84' SVO,and a 70' Torino and most girls are like ewww old cars or oh my god your going too fast...Just can't any good women now a days....such a pitty
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 01:00 PM   #11
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

AHHHH HAHAHAHHAHAAA going to fast?!?!? I'm sorry that is just TO funny! I can't imagine hitting a freeway and not cruisin at like 120. I always get my boyfriend to race too. I just find it odd how some people do not enjoy speed (car speed that is)

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback
Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 01:19 AM   #12
COBRA66
Registered Member

120 on the freeway is one thing. Its a long country road to the nearest city for me. And i have yet to find a woman who does not consider me a bad driver after i get the urge to race the imaginary ghost car. But i say it time and time again, just cause i don't stay in the lines and obey the speed limit doesn't make me a bad driver. Besides aint had an accident yet, so i must be doing something right. Straight line is one thing, but nothing beats apexing a corning a corner at high speed.
Old 02-19-2001, 10:19 PM   #13
rtower
Registered Member

This is to funny. Hitting on young ladies that are trying to get information. Good thing I have a lady that is as much of a Classic Fanatic as I am. Girls! Have fun with your Pony's.
rtower is offline   Reply With Quote