MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-23-1999, 03:35 AM   #1
Neal Jackson
Registered Member

Post Mallory Unilite wiring?

I have a new Mallory unilite dist and it has three wires out of it and into a white plastic plug. The wires are red, brown and green. I have no literature on it - the dist came with an engine we got for another project. There is no coil at this time.

Can anyone tell me where the wires go? Maybe I can trace them to the inside of the dist but perhaps someone knows an easier way?

Thanks!

Neal
Neal Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-1999, 09:31 PM   #2
30HOTROD
Registered Member

red wire goes to + on coil, green wire goes to - on coil, brown wire is ground connect to engine block, make sure you clean where you ground it. When I installed mine I didn't have the white plug. I spliced same color wires to the ones from the distributor and put new terminals to the coil. Be sure you use a ballast resistor or it will burn up the modual in the distributor. I found out the hard way. Hope this helps.
30HOTROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-1999, 06:16 PM   #3
Neal Jackson
Registered Member

30HotRod,

Thanks! That's the info I needed.

Neal
Neal Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote