MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-16-2001, 08:59 PM   #1
diablopony
Registered Member

Question Manual Steering Adapter

Has anyone changed from power to manual using the adapter? I'm getting tired of the leaks.

Also, if you went this direction, was it a major difference in parking or general steering?
diablopony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 03:34 AM   #2
Fostang
Registered Member

I switched from power to manual. Did it to free up some hp/lose weight. The adapter I used was a homemade model just like that of mustangs plus. Steering is tough but I can manage to make regular turns using one hand. Just a tad bit harder than that of an original manual. If you have wide wheels might be a little tougher.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote