View Single Post
Old 10-09-2002, 07:29 AM   #3
Wendell Allen
Registered Member

Default Hey Rev..........

I just rebuilt this motor, and I did put in a new oil pump. And I primed the motor before starting.

But I'm not sure how the oil passages run on this motor. I'm certainly getting oil to the top end, as I've splattered it all over the compartment trying alternative methods of taking care of this. And it's running from the rocker arms down the pushrods to the lifters.

But my train of thought is that there needs to be pressure at the middle section of the lifter. Not just oil running down push rods. I suppose it's possible that there is sufficient clearance in the passages that lead to the top end, while the separate passages to the lifters, assuming there are some, are partially blocked.

I've run the engine up to operating temp, and the lifters haven't frozen up. So there's at least enough oil pressure to keep them from scuffing their respective holes. Because of this, I believe there is enough pressure there.

I've purchased a new set of lifters, so I'll update you on it when I install them tomorrow night. Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks Again,
W
Wendell Allen is offline   Reply With Quote