MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-18-2001, 12:11 AM   #1
Fostang
Registered Member

Question motor mounts?

Anyone know where I can get a set of highperformance motor mounts for my 67' fastback. I'm tired breaking them every few months. Does anyone else have this problem. I've even thought of fabricating solide ones out of the broken one but I heard its bad for your bearings. Any truth in that?? Please help my engine is jumping a couple of inches to the right when ever I rev it. I cant really get on it because I don't want to screw anything up.
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2001, 02:17 PM   #2
thunderbolt
Registered Member

Have seen poly motor mounts in Summit and Jegs. But it sounds as if you need a torque strap to keep the engine from rocking.
thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2001, 05:50 PM   #3
Ron1
Registered Member

Thunderbolt has the solution. Get a torque strap. Go to www.artmorrison. com. They sell a kit for about $40.00. All you have to do cut the tube to lenght, a little welding for the retainer on the frame rail and you are done. The kit comes with the rod ends, tube and all the mounting hardware. If you have an e-mail I can send a picture of one installed. My e-mail is rfedd@aol.com

Ron

[This message has been edited by Ron1 (edited 02-18-2001).]
Ron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2001, 06:39 PM   #4
Fostang
Registered Member

Good News found some motor mounts made by lakewood. From summit they are 38.99 each. Completely bolt on. Let's hope they work. Some guy from around here that was having the same problem I'm having put these on and hasn't broke emm since.
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote