MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-18-2002, 12:23 AM   #1
racecar543
Registered Member

Default Mustang II Front End

I would be intersted in talking with anyone that has the Rod and Custom coil over front end installed on there early car. I'd like to compare it to the design I just finished, but haven't installed yet on my 66. If anyone is interested in seeing pic of my stuff then I might be willing to send a couple to you. My crossmember retains the exact geometry of the Mustang II suspension, but uses tubular controls arms and Hal adjustable coilover shocks.

Another direction that one can take is the Griggs GR350 front end kit. It allows installation of a tubular K-member with the geometry of a SN95 late model mustang on an early car. It uses the SN95 spindles, but no struts. Instead, Griggs has designed an upper control arm and a ball joint adapter that bolts to the strut mount on the spindle. This kit is very top-end. They claim the early cars can out-handle new mustangs even when the new cars are fully modified because of their longer wheel base. The fully modified new car are suppose to out perform new corvettes and Vipers. Sound appealing? Get out your wallet. This kit is very expensive (approx. $5200)
racecar543 is offline   Reply With Quote