MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-11-1999, 09:48 PM   #1
eric simes
Registered Member

Default mustang II/grenada parts swap??

I am the proud owner of a '78 Mustang II with a 302 and an automatic transmission. I have heard that many of the interior parts from the same era Grenada can be interchanged with those of Mustangs. I am in the Navy and am currently stationed 2000 miles from my baby(my Mustang that is), however; I have recently fallen into the ownership of a '77 Grenada which has a 302 and an automatic transmission. My question is: since I have this car in my posession now and my Mustang is so far away can I put some money into the engine and transmission of the Grenada in hopes of later swapping it out with the engine and transmission of my Mustang or would the switch be more trouble than it's worth?
eric simes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-1999, 11:49 PM   #2
mslcr
Registered Member

Does this Granada have a 9" rearend with rear disc brakes??
That would sure be worth keeping!
mslcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-1999, 10:39 AM   #3
Scooter
Registered Member

The Granada rear end will bolt in. As mentioned, if it is a 9" even without disc brakes, would be a good add on to your Mustang. You'll need the shock mounts from the Granada as well. If it has a rear sway, that would be something to keep. Also the front rotors and disc brakes can be used on the Mustang II as well, it will give you 5 lug wheels, and the option to go with either 14 or 15" wheels/tires. The engine will work, but I think the tranny bellhousing/flexplate are different due to the small one used on the Mustang II, but most of them are changeable. It would not be a problem if you did modifications to the Granada engine/trans for future use in your Stang, it'll all work.

------------------
74 Mustang II
351W
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: