View Single Post
Old 04-02-2001, 06:51 PM   #6
Strim91GT
Registered Member

I did the T-5 swap in mine about a year ago. I've had no driveability problems at all. I agree the biggest part was changing the pedals out. I got my pedal assembly from Mustang Parts Specialties in georgia. for $225 i think. (www.stangparts.com) The guy i got my T-5 from had the backup wiring harness on the trans already. But I had no problems with the neutral start switch with the automatic computer. Since it's an automatic computer i can start the car without having to push in the clutch pedal. I've got a vortech S trim and aluminum heads and cobra intake and all the other goodies with 4.10 gears. So i just ruined my T-5 about a week ago and am looking to go Tremec TKO. Ohh besides what these guys have mentioned you will need a spacer plate from a 5 liter with a manual transmission. the automatic spacer plate on mine did not work. If you're planning on doing some good mods later on, i would seriously consider a Tremec trans. It could save you from doing it twice. It's a little more to begin with, but since you have no manual trans or clutch or anything to start with i would really consider skipping the T-5 and going Tremec. I know i wish i would have now.

Big&bad89rag: I am from the hutchinson area and would be happy to talk to you about it.
Strim91GT is offline   Reply With Quote