View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 01:41 PM   #8
Mo65
Registered Member

Default thanks for advise

Thanks for the advise guys. I am really inclined to beleive that my radiator is glogged up. As far as the tempature, the gage seems to be acurate because when it goes hot, it spits out all the coolant through the drain outlet hose and engine seems to be extremely hot.
I recall using the Grano (TM) filter and it prevented from crap going into radiator. The only problem I had to throw it out because the mesh on the filter tore apart after a little while. As far as the fan shroud, It was still overheating with it. My next step, is to replace radiator and go from there.
Just for your information this problem generated after I began to use diffrent coolant system, the orange type and those flush treatment additives. I am not sure if it was a conicdence, but the change of coolant system, seemed to make an affect on the tempature status. My hypothesis, is that the stuff I added cause a chemical reaction, and chemicals removed depositis of debri that got stuck on radiator.
Once again, thanks, I may resort to having radiator cleaned out, especially at the one place one of you guys recommeneded. If you guys have more hypothesis, I would like to here.