MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-18-2002, 11:51 AM   #1
Kisner
Registered Member

Question Need Help Finding Parts

1. Does anyone know where I can purchase "foam tape" that's used in various places on my 68 coupe (specifically between the roof rail and the roof rail weatherstrip retainer)? Home Depot has some foam weatherstrip tape that's very, very close to the dimensions called for in the body manual. Would that work?

2. Lastly, I need some braided cloth to replace the rotted cloth on my door handle to door latch rods inside the door panels. I know the rod slides through it when it moves and I assume it's to deaden any sound or rattles. I thought about using rubber tubing if I can't locate something similar to the original material. Does anyone see any problems with using rubber tubing? Thanks.
Kisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 02:21 PM   #2
CobraII76
Registered Member

I've got some stuff from a newer car if you want it. slides over the rods in the door got some from a brand X and some stuff from a Ford Van. I would assume nobody will ever see it. Let me know it's yours if you want it
Old 01-21-2002, 10:51 AM   #3
Clark Rodgers
Registered Member

The foam from Home Depot is about the best substitute. I personally used a Black RTV/Sealer let it setup some then attached the roof rail weatherstrip retainer. I just have a hard time using foam, it absorbs moisture and will not last as long.

Go with Cobra's advice on the other, those rods are almost the same today as they were 30years ago.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:05 PM   #4
Kisner
Registered Member

CobraII76 - I'll definitely take what you have. Let me know how much you want for it and I'll e-mail you my mailing address. Thanks.
Kisner is offline   Reply With Quote