MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #1
Sammy
Registered Member

Default Need help putting in new electronic gauge cluster

I have restored my '66 289 4-speed with an engine and components from a '95 mustang (302 5-speed), which has a computer. I am now installing a Hanneline 6-gauge electronic gauge cluster. Questions...What do I hook the Tach to (previous cluster had no tach). Also, The oil sending unit that came with the new gauges is supposed to replace the old one, but the old one is hooked up to the computer and I am afraid I may foul it up, how do I hook up the new oil sending unit? Lastly, same thing with the new water sending (temp gauge) unit, how do I hook up without messing up the computer?
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:04 AM   #2
sixystyle
Registered Member

Default Re: Need help putting in new electronic gauge cluster

you wont mess up the computer with the oil sender, you could with. the temp sender if you hook into the one going to the computer instead of the one that runs the gauge. the one going to the computer is very dependent on resistance to control spark timing, fuel injection conrol, 02 sensors etc. but if you get the sensor that runs the gauge.............no problem. I'll have to check on that tac wire...........wil respond asap.
sixystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:41 AM   #3
sixystyle
Registered Member

the tach wire is tan/yellow coming from the coil. bfn
sixystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #4
Sammy
Registered Member

Thanks much for your help
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #5
z3beemer
Registered Member

Sammy,

I', building a 69 mustang coupe and have been considering buying the Hanline gauge set but have been unable to find anyone who has used them. How do you like them? I really like the way they look and the fact that it adds the tach to the 69 set without giving up any of the other gauges. I hate to spend $650 for gauges without talking to someone who as bought and used them. Any info you can give me would be great.

Paul
z3beemer is offline   Reply With Quote