MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-24-2001, 11:14 PM   #1
zepherman
Registered Member

Smile Im doing AOD to T-5 swap, any helpfull info / things to keep in mind would be great

Im doing AOD to T-5 swap, any helpfull info/things to keep in mind would be great. I was planning to do the swap in a while anyway, but the overdrive gear in my tranny stopped working so i guess im doing it a litte sooner than expected. The car is pretty much stock right now.

------------------
90 GT, Red with white racing stripes. Factory sun roof and armrest delete. Flowmaster exhaust, and a K&N filter.
zepherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 11:45 AM   #2
NewAge 5.0
Registered Member

Installing the pedals is the only part of the job I hate. get someone to do that for you and the rest is a breeze.. its not a tough job.. need pedals, clutch cable and quad, tranny, shifter and console plate. should already have double hump K member and exhaust hanger mounts

------------------
SOLD THE 87GT, .. GT40, 70mmTB, 75mmBullet, 24lbinjectors, cold air induction, Edelbrok 6025 Rpm's, Inch phonolic spacer, tall FMSvalve covers, an SFI balancer, Canton 7quart, the shortblock... Lunati 51025 (224/232 .535/. 544 @112 deg) Ross lightweight pistons (10:1) Eagle H-Beams, Total Seal plasma Moly Rings, Clevite bearings, ARP throughout, FMS main Girdle&Studs, Forged Crank, of course HV-OilPump and hardened FMS shaft, Dual Friction centerforce, T5, and 4.10's Longtubes and 2.25 tail pi
NewAge 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 01:37 PM   #3
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

this this site out http://members.aol.com/black306/AODT5.html

i did the swap a few months back and that site helped me out tremendously, especially the parts list so you can get everything together beforehand, i was able to re-use the AOD crossmember without modifying it, also dont blow off getting that harness for the back up lights and neutral safety switch otherwise your car wont start when you get done

NewAge5.0 is right about the pedals, they are a pain in the A$$ but if you take your time its not extrememly horrible, i'd rather change a heater core than do pedals again though

just follow the instructions on that site and you'll be fine, it is very complete

------------------
88 Notch, B&M Ripper, 3.73's, Ported E7's, Explorer int. w/ ported lower, pulleys, 1.7RR's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframes, 65mm TB, March ram air ,MSD coil, U/L control arms, 155lph f/p, Crane Adj.FPR, Nitto drag radials, best 1/4--> 13.76@101.4 on a 2.17 60ft
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 11:19 PM   #4
zepherman
Registered Member

What is the deal about this harness thing, what exactly are you doing when you change it? Where can i get the part?
zepherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 01:21 PM   #5
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

both AOD and T-5 cars have the same wiring close to the tranny, then each has a specific harness that plugs into that wiring, the AOD harness has 4 wires coming out of it, 2 for a neutral safety switch and 2 for revers lights, the T-5 harness has 4 wires coming out also but one is jumped/looped so theres actually only 2 coming out, these are for the reverse lights, the 2 that are jumped are the neutral safety wires
you can find the T-5 harness from a junkyard somewhere, maybe a ford dealer, if you do find one it will plug right in
i couldnt find one so i just used the AOD one, found out which 2 wires to loop together and then crimped connectors on the reverse light wires to hook them up, good luck

------------------
88 Notch, B&M Ripper, 3.73's, Ported E7's, Explorer int. w/ ported lower, pulleys, 1.7RR's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframes, 65mm TB, March ram air ,MSD coil, U/L control arms, 155lph f/p, Crane Adj.FPR, Nitto drag radials, best 1/4--> 13.76@101.4 on a 2.17 60ft
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote