MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-09-2001, 11:19 PM   #1
69PonyRider
Registered Member

Post new carb..but how much cfm??

Hey guys,

Well i got this new car and i never thought of asking the guy how much cfm the carb was, but now im kind of curious. So is there any way of checking what cfm the carb is, like checking serials, a product #, or just by how they look. The carb is a Holley 4-barrel for a 351 cleveland, also, the carb is mounted on a Edelbrock intake and somebody that saw it told me that it would get better performance if it had the same brand carb as the intake. Is this true or is it all just to sell more Edelbrock carbs. If this is true do i get less performance having a Holley carb and Edelbrock intake..or it doesnt matter?

------------------
351 Cleveland engine, 4-barrel Holley carb, Edelbrock alum intake, MSD ign, 2 chmbr flowmaster, C-6 tranny, on a 69 coupe ...........UNDER CONSTRUCTION
69PonyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 03:09 AM   #2
PKRWUD

It doesn't matter.

Look on the front of the airhorn (where the choke plate is). On the right, there will be numbers. Write them all down, exactly the way they are, and post them. I'll tell you whatever you want to know about it.

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 08:49 PM   #3
Rev
Registered Member

I would prefer a Holley carb over an Edelbrock most any day. Parts are widely available. They are modular in design and infinitely tunable (with special parts).

Having said all this, I have a BG Road Demon on order from Summit right now. Supposed to get here Thurs., but with the terrorism thing, who knows when?

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.

[This message has been edited by Rev (edited 09-12-2001).]
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 11:38 PM   #4
69fastback
IRAQ VET

dont get an edlebrock carb. The holly is much better. U will make less power with an edlebrock.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 07:59 AM   #5
Brian Browning
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Hey Rev,
I replaced a 750 holley with a 625 Road Demon. I think you're going to be very happy with it. One thing I just found out was that the holley fuel line won't work on a demon. You have to use the one supplied, or go with something specific for the demon. I got a kit from Jegs and then some braided line from Summit. Looks really cool now.

------------------
65 convertible, bench seat, '66 289 Hi Po motor, 351 heads, headers, duals, shelby intake, petronix,
4 speed top loader, 389 rear, road demon
Brian Browning is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: