MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-08-2004, 02:04 PM   #1
mustangwizard
Registered Member

Default New to Forum-70 GT500 Superstreet

We are building a 70 Shelby GT500 Conv. (CLONE) We NASCAR tubed the front end ,cutting everything out but the lower frame.
We went with a Rod & Custom Mustang2 R&P.(power) and made the Shelby front end into a 1 piece, flip top ,front end like the Cobra Daytona but our will be powered with Auotloc Linier Actuators to open and close. We made a stainless steel firewall
to clean up the interior.
We put a center frame section made of 2x4" tubing to take the center section flex support tubes much like the ones they use on the Eleanor SS but our are made from 2" thick wall tubing & welded inplace. We tubbed the rear of the VERT as much as we could , about 2" each side & with Myier fender flares, we were able to run 15.5" x 15"-50 Hoosier Pro-Streets on Godfather 15" billet mags on the back & 15"x 5" on the front!
The 9" rearend was narrowed 2" each side from stock mustang. We installed 9" flex braces on the tubes as we are using 40 spline Strange axles with a Strange Nodular pumpkin,Ford Detroit locker with a 3.25 R&P. We got hooked up by using a 36" ladder bar ,Coil over setup in the rear.
In the trunk is a ATL ,32 Gal. fuel cell with a dual line 5/8"
fuel lines,CSI Blower pump with CSI Pro-filter. Also in the trunk is a twin-pair of Optima billet Battery boxs for the spark and the 4000 AMP custom Stereo system. We need it when you running a few MPH's over the speed limit! LOL!!!!! We relocated the Shelby rear fuel filler from the center rear to a custom,flip top,
filler lid on the top of the right rear fender.
The interior is mostly 70 Shelby but we installed Shelby's series
1 front seats with the rear vert seats being in the same fabric & color! Gauges are a custom Autometer setup using a 5" 200MPH
speedo & a 5" Tach with the shift light mounted in the rear of the
custom made Shelby style blower hood. The rest of the gauges are 2 5/8" autometer.
The Motor is Shelby's 427 6-bolt main Alum. Stroker (452)motor ,Shelby Alum.heads, P&P ,CCed,large stainless steel valves with hard seats,Comp Cams Roller Rockers,5/8" push rods.Comp
can roller cam,687 lift blower cam. Motor has a MSD crank trigger with a MSD billet FE Dist.Forged SCAT crank,Eagle H beam rods,ARP bolts, Aries pistons.Ford Mid. Riser, Dual plane 2x4 intake that was Ported & Polished.Nitrated every thing we could.
We are going to install a Pro-Charger blower on the motor
but at this time ,Procharger doesn't make anything for a n FE!!!!
Shame on them!!!!!!!!!!! We already have a custom built
blower hat made from a Cobra oval air cleaner, wrapped in Phonilic with 2-660 Holley's inside! I has a 4" intake tube on the front side.
The car is still alittle rufffff as we need to finish the rear fender flares & fiberglass in the tub frame for the flip top front end.
All we need to finish is about another $25,000, & it will be on the street!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We would like to know your opinion about the car as we are building it as a SHOW & GO car and not for the track!National car shows, Mustang Mags.,Shelby meets ,Vegas & Hot august nights in RENO.
We also would like to know if you guys & ladys,know of someone that would make a pulley system from billet for a ALT.,
blower,Air Conditioning Compressor, Crank & Power steering!
We are hip deep in CHEEEBY country and we can't get to much help on a Shelby. We can't find anything in pulleys using a Crank Trigger either! Thanks ahead of time for your opinion & sugestions. You can either post here or at bjmustangs@azalea.net Thanks again,
Mustangwizard
Old 10-08-2004, 03:09 PM   #2
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

something like this???

'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:02 PM   #3
mustangwizard
Registered Member

Nice rides but ours is on a 1 to 1 scale!
My first shelby gt 500 Vert ,I bought in 1972 for the change of $3,5000! Drove it 3 years and sold it for $4500.00
Second Shelby GT 500 Fast back ,I took out the 428 CJ &
Auto and stuck in a 427 Tunnel Port, A Holman-moody motor(14.5 to 1 pop-up's) 103 Texaco Blue pump Gas
and a 4 Speed top loader ,Crash box. No Sycro's 4.56 R&P
Constant 10.56 with stock interior on 14" wide M&H Race Masters

We ATE them Street Chevys & Mopars for dinner!
Old 10-09-2004, 03:06 AM   #4
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangwizard
Nice rides but ours is on a 1 to 1 scale!
My first shelby gt 500 Vert ,I bought in 1972 for the change of $3,5000! Drove it 3 years and sold it for $4500.00
Second Shelby GT 500 Fast back ,I took out the 428 CJ &
Auto and stuck in a 427 Tunnel Port, A Holman-moody motor(14.5 to 1 pop-up's) 103 Texaco Blue pump Gas
and a 4 Speed top loader ,Crash box. No Sycro's 4.56 R&P
Constant 10.56 with stock interior on 14" wide M&H Race Masters

We ATE them Street Chevys & Mopars for dinner!
haha, but is that what u r doing?
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
Old 10-09-2004, 11:46 AM   #5
mustangwizard
Registered Member

Default 70 Shelby GT 500 Superstreet

Proof is in the Pictures. Ill take some pics. and see if I can get them on this site . Im old school ,we don't do much with computers except sell items on EBAY! Check and see on ebay
under mustangwizard! My wife & I ,have a small Classic Mustang Parts & Restoration Bus. in Oklahoma. Bus. was good till 9-11 but starting to come back! Pics will be on soon , with luck!
Mustangwizard
Old 10-10-2004, 12:05 AM   #6
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Default Re: 70 Shelby GT 500 Superstreet

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangwizard
Proof is in the Pictures. Ill take some pics. and see if I can get them on this site . Im old school ,we don't do much with computers except sell items on EBAY! Check and see on ebay
under mustangwizard! My wife & I ,have a small Classic Mustang Parts & Restoration Bus. in Oklahoma. Bus. was good till 9-11 but starting to come back! Pics will be on soon , with luck!
Mustangwizard

yea, i'd love to see pics.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am