Thread: New Pony for Bo
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2002, 09:08 AM   #5
BoLasquis
Registered Member

Cool

Ah, the age-old discussion. You won't catch heck from me for expressing your opinion. I may disagree but life would be pretty boring if we all thought alike.

I hear what you're saying; friend, and I have no intentions of butchering anything. That's a fairly subjective term, though, isn't it? I agree that this car is a purist's dream...I'm just not a purist. It's probably a package shelf liner away from being a number 2 as it sits right now and I intend to keep it very, very close to original. I intend to drive it hard every day, though, and I don't want to end up wearing a cow or a deer on the front bumper because I can't stop or decorating the bottom of some ravine somewhere because I couldn't recover from something. I don't really want to drive like I have common sense, I want to drive really fast. One way to go is to adjust my driving style to accommodate the car. I'm choosing to go the other way and mod the car to suit my driving style. I, too, have driven plenty of older cars with pathetically poor braking systems and I just don't have any desire to do it again.

But the only mods I'm looking to do are those few that will make it safer to drive the way I like to drive. And I'll keep the stock parts on the shelf if I ever decide to sell it. I'm building my racecar from a 1964 Falcon convertible. That's the car that will have the 600 hp EFI 427, 6-speed tranny, coil-over suspension, four-wheel Baer 14" power disk brakes, and so forth. I bought this pony so I'd have a Ford to drive while I'm getting that monster built. So I won't need to make this into a street racer to get my speed thrills.

I'll also toss out the observation that this car was on the market for well over a year. There was plenty of time for a collector to snatch it up and preserve it in it's pristine state. Since no purists stepped forward to preserve, pamper, and preserve it, I'm going to be driving it to work every day. And since I don't have any common sense, I need better brakes and handling.

I'm pretty much in philosophical agreement with you, Maroon, just not 100%. So please don't judge me too harshly.

Peace, baby.

Bo
BoLasquis is offline   Reply With Quote