MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-05-2005, 11:15 PM   #1
Paul 69 Mach I
Registered Member

Default New wheels or not new wheels, that is the question

I saw the 05 chrome wheels for the new Mustang. They are 17" & look like a Cragar SS with a Mustang center cap. I can get the wheel & center cap for $250. a pop & rubber would start at at least $100. a pop. So for about $1,500.00 I'd have new tires & rims. I'd keep the Mustang appearance with the larger rim. I have seen other classic's with larger rims but have never seen it on a Mustang. I am told they will fit, obviously from the name I'd be putting them on a 69 Mach I.
Thoughts, comments opinions?
Paul 69 Mach I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:36 PM   #2
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Re: New wheels or not new wheels, that is the question

Not sure about the 69, but I know with 65-68s they take spacers to fit the backspacing. The spacers are pretty expensive. They would look cool though!

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:40 PM   #3
bmxmon
Registered Member

i was thinking about doing that to my 65. Emailing around, they said it woudnt work, the backspacing and offset or something is different, even with the adapters. (unless they have new adapters for the 05 wheels) Those spacers arent that expensive, i remember one place had them for pretty cheap, cant remember exactly which one though.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:34 AM   #4
canadianstang1
Registered Member

cj pony has the spacers and would be able to tell u what will and will not fit i'd think. theyre at www.cjponyparts.com and in harrisburg pa and their # is 1800-888-6473 if u'r near erie pa theres a place called papony www.paponyparts.com they have the same parts as cj's and are the same price or a little cheaper and are nice people. also a really knowledgable guy on all ford mustangs made a site www.dodgestang.com and it has a wheel tire backspacing list on it. newer wheels on the old cars look killer but also really like the look of the thick tire with the 15's or 14's cuz of the way bullitt looked hehe i guess ya can't really go wrong with a mustang eh lol
canadianstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote