View Single Post
Old 09-16-2002, 09:56 PM   #12
fordkid68
Registered Member

ok I am preaty sure I know what I am going to do.

I am going to drop in A 302. and drive it around untill I get used to it and put A decent amount of miles on it. then I will strocke it out to A 347. does it sound like A plan or am I missing something. mainly cuz going from A straight six to A 302 will be quit A step and lets face it. I am yung and dont have much experiance behind the wheel.

and sorry but one more question.

when it comes to the trans. I really wanted to go with 4.10 rear gears. mainly cuz top speed doesn't impress me but every once in A while you just got to. so with A 5 speed trans what would be my top speed with 4.10. I know you will need alot more info then just the trans and engine to determine the top speed but just give me an idea. but more importantly I drive the free way almost every day. so with A 5 speed trans and 4.10 gears would I be able to cruise at 70 to 80 mile on houre for alitle while. or would it just be smarter to go with 3.73 gears.

well thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate your help expecially since I am yung and for some reason there are alot of guys that dont want to help yung people.(none of witch I know are on this board) so thanks for helping me out.

thanks
ford kid
fordkid68 is offline   Reply With Quote