View Single Post
Old 05-02-2003, 03:32 PM   #1
ChunkFunky
Registered Member

Default Weird Timing Idle Problem

After my head, cam, intake install the car's running like a beast, but I'm getting surging idle... though I know what's causing it... With the computer controling the timing the timing goes up when you give it throttle... and then when you let off and it comes to idle the timing stays advanced for a couple seconds and then drops down to the base setting... that's when my surging starts.

If I'm driving down the street and I come to stop light.. it'll down shift (AOD) and settle at like 900 or so... and then maybe 5 seconds later it'll start to drop and surge... it has to do with LOAD as well... if I put it in neutral it will idle fine... but in DRIVE it'll surge... then if I turn the wheel all the way to one side it'll start to die down and eventualy stall...

I blasted the IAB with some carb cleaner ... I was thinking I could take it off and apart and clean it really well and maybe even test it to see if its even working... but I dunno if that's the problem.. what shoudl I be looking for?
-as