Thread: Overheating
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2002, 04:28 AM   #2
PKRWUD

Well, where to begin? It sounds like you had several problems contributing to your overheating problem, but it sounds like you have taken care of them. If it didn't have a fan shroud before, that will make a HUGE difference. Other than that, I don't see any other problems that haven't been covered, other than a new thermostat, but I'm sure a new one was installed with your rebuild. The only other part you might want to replace is the radiator cap. If it doesn't hold the pressure it's supposed to, it will lower the boiling point of the coolant/water, and permit the cooling system to boilover too soon. That reminds me, your coolant mixture is very important, too. I'm not far from you, and I know the kind of weather you are used to. That being said, you shouldn't use more than half of a gallon of coolant in your radiator, and the rest water. Coolant actually makes the engine run hotter. If you plan on driving up to the snow for a few nights next winter, increase it to full gallon of coolant just before you go up, but until then, your mixture in the cooling system should be almost entirely water.

Trust me (have I ever lied to you before???).

Take care,
~Chris

BTW, nice "interests".
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote