View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 09:03 AM   #3
induction
The Brit!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron1
For a good paint job, some minor body work, if they do the jambs, trunk etc. $2500-3000.00 is a fair price. If I was you I would remove all the parts you can. Valances, head lamp buckets, etc. and then deliver it so the pieces can be done seperately. then re assemble it when you get the car back. will save some money and look a lot better.

Ron
As for things like the headlamp buckets and lower valance ( front and rear) I didn't remove them, insted I seperated them from the car causing a larger gap so the paint wouldnt 'mend' them by placing several washers on the screws that attached them to the body between the mounting points . ( this leaves at least an 1/8 inch gap for the paint to run doun. After I got the car back from the paint shop I waited a week or two then removed the washers and had a nice detailed looking job. We also removed the door handles all trim , babges, molding, trunk locks ect. The nite before taking her to the shop we masked off just adout everything we could just to mage sure we were happy wit it.
The paint cost us about $400.00 with no body work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my 65 coupe 1.jpg (51.5 KB, 25 views)
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27
induction is offline   Reply With Quote