MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-1999, 07:15 AM   #1
Peldor
Registered Member

Post Piston to Valve Clearance Check - 351W

I'm rebuilding my 1969 351W (actually, I'm almost done, I hope; -). ) I had just finished adjusting the valvetrain when I saw the note with the Edelbrock heads that said the valve clearance is not sufficient for
original pistons. I'm using Edelbrock 6035 heads with 2.02" intakes and TRW L2378 pistons. I called both companies and neither company could tell me for certain if these parts were a mismatch. I don't want to remove the heads and check the piston to valve clearance with clay. But I also don't
want them to interfere when I crank it up. Is there an easy way to positively check the clearance without tearing it down? Any suggestions for fixes (if it is a problem) without tearing it apart to machine the
pistons? Help!!!
Peldor is offline   Reply With Quote