MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-04-2003, 06:47 PM   #1
red
Registered Member

Default plans for next year

Hey everyone,

The classics forum has been real quiet lately.
What projects are in the works for next year??

I got a nice aluminum Fluidyne radiator with an electric fan. I'm hoping to remove the direct drive fan from the engine and install this radiator.

Also, I rebuilt the old Autolite 4bbl carb. I have never been able to tune the holly 600 I have to a point where I wasn't running rich all the time. I came to the conclusion that a 600 is just too much for my relative mild 302. Hoping the autolite (it's a 480 cfm I think) will prevent me from smelling like a gas station when I get to work.

Let me know what you all are up to.

Jon
red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 09:58 AM   #2
KrivoK
Registered Member

Floor pans on order and my 289 block and heads are going to the machine shop at the end of January. Sanding down the engine bay right now so that I can paint it soon.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:12 PM   #3
H'ya Mule
Registered Member

Default projects for next year

Hey all. I recently purchased a 65 fastback, A-code, cruis-o-matic, nothing spicey. I have already torn it almost compltely apart and I am going to begin the resto proccess in the spring. Was going to start this mnth but I will be deployed for a couple of months so it will have to wait.
H'ya Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 02:08 AM   #4
jwboner
Registered Member

Well, I plan to get started on installing an A/C kit from vintage air. It's going to require me top make many changes in the existing setup to get it all to fit. And I also need to find a good gasket material for my Jazz fuel cell. The filler neck gasket keeps deteriorating when in contact with the gas, making my interior smell like gas if left to sit for very long.
65 fastback 347 DFI injected w/vic jr, TFS heads, MSD, cable clutch TKO, 3.70 9", tc subframe conns, custom traction bars, griffen alum radiator, armored fuel cell, and torq thrust D's Retrofitted Prelude seats. Vintage Air underdash kit. Fiberglass here and there too
More on the way all the time.
jwboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 11:51 AM   #5
diablopony
Registered Member

I’m going after my interior. 1st up is the JME gauge cluster. Then all new weather stripping and finally I want to do something with the seats. I want to get some high-back buckets, but I haven’t seen any that I really like. I’ve heard that the ’69 to ’73 seats fit in my ’68, so I may look into those.

Drivetrain wise, I’m pretty happy. My last trip to the dyno netted 277 rwhp and 297 lbs torque. Not bad for a 302 with a C4.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:53 AM   #6
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

I'm still getting the car straightened out, various little problems, some not so little. I just (yesterday) added a new holley 600, now I have to get it tuned up.
My instruments are still shot, I havent had any time to do any more work on them. Right now most of my plans for next year involve the upcoming move, so there isnt anything big planned for the car.
I am also working on getting a website setup to detail the slow buildup of the car. I'll post a link once its up and running

J
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:33 AM   #7
rwhite65
Ride Hard

need to finish the loose ends from putting it in the ditch....buy the new wheels, possibly new gauges, definately rear disk brake kit.....even thinking about a new motor.....lots of time to plan on it!!

Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 11:51 AM   #8
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

And to add to things, I found out yseterday that I have to come up with something to do with my 93. It had been living at a friends house, and the neighbors complained about several things in his yard, including my car. So now I have 30 days to get a replacement tranny and associated parts and get her running. I just hope that the block hasn't siezed or something...
J
it will be nice to drive a stick again tho
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 11:57 AM   #9
svokip
Registered Member

I guess I'll win the most-to-do award. I am getting ready to: replace the floorpans,torque boxes and inner and outer rockers on the 66 vert. The whole underneath is rotted away except for the frame rails. Then I have put it all back together, rebuild the c-4 and then paint it. Not much huh?

"Junior, when we get home...remind me to punch your momma right in the mouth." Buford T. Justice(great law of Texas)
svokip is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: