MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-04-2006, 03:36 PM   #1
nickdavis
Registered Member

Default please help wont start

ok so i been having problems with my car starting its a 67 mustang with a 289 motor 2 barrel carb. just rebuilt the carb had some troubles with the carb after it was rebuilt might have worked that out changed the plugs rotor distributor cap canged oil basic tune up started fine ran decent just some minor tweeking to the carb. shutt off then went to start it agian and i was getting nothing. dome light radio all the batery operated funtions would work but it would not turn over. cahned the starter solenoid still would not work so i changed the starter still would not work so i had the battery tested tested great no problems there so i pulled the altenator and had it tested it was bad changed it and still nothing.

im lost at what to do please some one have any type of advice to give i could sure use it. any advice would be great
nickdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:52 PM   #2
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Default Re: please help wont start

First, please understand I am only saying this so we can help you......try to type your messages a little more readable, using periods and commas etc.

How is it exactly not turning over? Any sounds when you turn the key? Any little details are always helpful.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:05 AM   #3
nickdavis
Registered Member

Default Re: please help wont start

no worries ryan, ive never been a great grammer person. i just kinda forget how to type sometimes and keep going. as far as the car wont starting i whittled it down to the ignition switch. shes running decent i have to drive it to work tonight well see how it does then. thanks for the help though and ill proly be be asking for it agian. im new to this so theres alot i do not know.

thanks nick
nickdavis is offline   Reply With Quote