MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-08-2003, 03:02 PM   #1
shecop
Registered Member

Default pls don't laugh

I bought a 65 coupe, couldn't pass up the deal. Unfortunately, I'm a big gal and can't fit comfortably in the driver's seat - tummy gets in the way. My sister has suggested that I find someone to modify the seat, but this baby is all original and i worry about losing value. Should I let it sit while i lose weight? Or have it modified? (and how?) Ok, NOW you may laugh, cuz i am LOL.
shecop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 08:32 PM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

Default Smaller steering wheel?

If you have power steering on it, you could maybe put a smaller steering wheel on it. Keep the old parts and put them back on if you sell it and originality is important.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 10:58 PM   #3
jwboner
Registered Member

I'm a pretty tall guy and these cars aren't know to be accomodating to us. So on the drivers side I modified the seat by bolting the seat to 2 pieces of metal that I put bolts through and they go through the floor. You do have to make minor alterations to the bolts that are in your seats, either cut them shorter or knock them out and just use short bolts to attach the seat to the metal strip. It is kinda hard to explain, especially for me, it's in my head. I modify little things all the time. I guess it just comes natural. I have since taken them out in favor of some late model Integra seats (I hated putting Japanese stuff in the car) and they fit great, recline, and have big side bolsters to hold me in place in the corners. Hope this helps some.

John
65 fastback 347 DFI injected w/vic jr, TFS heads, MSD, cable clutch TKO, 3.70 9", tc subframe conns, custom traction bars, griffen alum radiator, armored fuel cell, and torq thrust D's Retrofitted Prelude seats. Vintage Air underdash kit. Fiberglass here and there too
More on the way all the time.
jwboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 01:57 AM   #4
rbohm
Registered Member

Cool

i am a pretty big guy myself, and i used a smaller aftermarket wheel in both my falcon and mustang.
by a band who died in a plane crash.

fordsix.com admin
rbohm is offline   Reply With Quote