MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-03-2002, 12:04 AM   #1
Agent_4573
Registered Member

Default Rear Brake Conversion?

I was looking into converting my rear drums to disc, I know this subject probably comes up alot on here, but I just had a quick question about it. I was talking to this guy that goes to college with me and he said that I could gank a set of rear disc's off of a lincoln marc 5,marc 6 or marc 7. I wanted to ask on here to see if anyone else has heard of this or has done it and what it has entailed. This guy said I could get the axles, calipers, and just about everything from the lincoln and the only thing i would need is the new brake lines and a new emergency brake cable... This true?
Agent_4573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 11:08 AM   #2
RMARIANI
Registered Member

Check this site. It should answer most of your questions.

http://svo73mm.cjb.net/
RMARIANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 10:27 PM   #3
boosted89
Registered Member

You can also use the parts from a 94-up Mustang (V6 or V8). You can find these parts used for around $500 from MPS or Delk. I got my kit from MPS, but I had to make over 6 phone calls before they sent all of the parts they were supposed to (I still had to make a trip to my local junkyard to get a few parts). After I got it all put together, one of the axles they sent turned out to be bent (Impossible to tell out of the car). Finally got it replaced after 2 phone calls and a few weeks of waiting (had to eat the money lost on the gear oil). Called to ask some tech questions during installation, but the guy just sat there and yawned in my ear, and wouldn't answer my questions, so I figured it out myself. However, the discs look a whole lot better behind my 98 Cobra wheels, and 5-lug is mandatory for the best wheel selection. Good Luck!
boosted89 is offline   Reply With Quote