MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-06-2002, 03:44 PM   #1
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Default Rousch 200 heads

I was looking through my Summit catalog and saw a set of World Products Rousch 200 heads for $819/pair fully assembled. The description was as follows: 64cc combustion chambers, 200cc intake runners, cast iron, 1.25" valve springs, retainers, 7 degrees locks, 7/16" studs and guideplates. From the description given, would these heads be worth the purchase. I cannot give any other specs whereas this is the only description given with the ad. Thanks for the input.
CaymonRousch 200 heads

Let me know if the link does not work.
Rice Haters Club Member #128

Last edited by bigred90gt; 11-06-2002 at 03:54 PM..
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 04:41 PM   #2
HotRoddin
cranky old man

I've heard pretty good things about them ... I bought a pair for a 351 i'm building. Haven't put it together yet so unfortunately i can't give you anything concrete about their actual performance.
I doubt you could call them the finest Ford heads out there but then again for a budget build i think they are a very good buy ... and from what i've seen, theres plenty of room for some easy improvements.
And contrary to what alot of people will tell you, along with the disatvantages there are some distinct atvantages to using cast iron heads. Not the least of which is the fact that cast iron heads on a cast iron block expand and contract the same amount and at the same rate ... as opposed to aluminum heads on a cast iron block which most assuredly do not ! I'm not saying cast iron heads are better by any means, but I think its very possible to build a stout, strong running motor on a budget and in my humble opinion these heads are one way and one step in that pursuit.
In fact i really wish there was more discussion on these forums about budget considerations ... there are so many little pieces you can pick out from posts like Jim and chris and the other guys that have done or are doing alot of actual track racing. Reciprocating mass ... very very important yet in many cases free ... you just be very careful and compare the weight of parts you're picking out ! Buying forged steel cranks for a fairly mild street/strip motor ? throwing money away ... 900 HP fuel rods for a fairly mild street/strip motor ? throwing money away ... the best AFR aluminum heads money can buy for a fairly mild street/strip motor ? I hate to call it throwing money away but at best its spending money that could be much better utilized somewhere else !
Ok I know i strayed way away from the original question but i feel much better now.
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 04:51 PM   #3
lx5091
Registered Member

I'm really interested if someone could name a BETTER COMPLETE HEAD for under $900pr. I never realized the Rousch 200's were so cheap! They're on my future list unless someone can name a better head for the money.

'97 Saturn SL1--Soon to be ditched for a Ford!
lx5091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 07:53 PM   #4
5ohCOUPE
Registered Member

I have the Windsor Jr. heads the "ROUSH 180's". And I have no problems with them. I tried the TFS TW heads and didnt gain any ET or MPH over the Windsor Jr's. For the price, I think they are a great head.
91 LX COUPE, 3.73 gears, 2 1/2 inch H-Pipe, 1 5/8 MAC long tube headers, 73 MM C&L MAF, 70 MM MAC TB, LUNATI cam,1.7 TFS Rockers, TFS Track Heat heads, TFS Track Heat intake, T5 with PRO 5.0 shifter, Griffin aluminum radiator, Fluid Damper, SSM traction bars, 190 GPH in tank fuel pump. And more to come.
5ohCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 08:22 PM   #5
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

I considered the Roush 180's, but for the little difference, I think its about $100 or a little less, I will most likely go with the 200's.
Thanks for the info.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 07:32 AM   #6
-RootS-
Registered Member

I 'm currently building a new motor I want 500hp on motor and 650 on spray, I wonder if the roush 200 are good enough to put me in this power range without to much porting.
-RootS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 12:31 PM   #7
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally posted by -RootS-
I 'm currently building a new motor I want 500hp on motor and 650 on spray, I wonder if the roush 200 are good enough to put me in this power range without to much porting.
They will breathe enough to push a 372 cu in stroker to a pretty easy 450 HP N/A, and thats out of the box and there looks to be plenty of room for improvement, so i see no reason they couldn't flow all the air you need for a 302 if thats what your talking about ?
If this is gonna be a highly competitive motor take into consideration these are some heavy buggers ! They make an aluminum set but i don't know that they would save you much money over any of the other Alu heads out there ?
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote