MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-09-1999, 08:02 AM   #1
Midnite Wrider
Registered Member

Post Power steering line trouble

Power Steering Lines
Does anyone else have problems with their power steering lines coming into contact
with their tri-Y headers? I have a 68 w/ 289 and tri-Y headers. I have had considerable
trouble with the proper placement of these lines. They keep touching my headers and burning the pressure line.
I thought I had the problem fixed by tying them back. It's tough to tie them back and
still allow enough room for them to move freely. Right now I do not have the proper brackets for holding them back. (3C510-1A and 3C510-2A) I will purchase these
brackets if I know that they will do the proper job, but seeing that they are rather expensive ($42 a piece from NPD) I wanted to make sure it was a wise investment.
Question: Do I need to buy both these brackets or just one. If so does anyone have any they are interested in selling. thanks

------------------
Midnite Wrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-1999, 10:38 AM   #2
Clark Rodgers
Registered Member

I would buy the brackets this will fix the problem with the rubbing. I have them on my 69 and I know if they weren't there I would have a problem.

------------------
69 351W Sportsroof deluxe
Clark Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2000, 01:33 AM   #3
Kisner
Registered Member

I'm a new member and was looking through the old messages. I have same problem with my 68, 302, with high performance manifolds. Unfortunately, the bracket won't fit in the original location with these manifolds and keep figure out what to do to keep my high pressure hose from burning through. I can bend the bracket down to make it fit, but it won't allow enough play for it to move with the control valve. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2000, 07:16 AM   #4
Gearhead999
Registered Member

I have the same problem with 68 289 with Hooker Headers. I ended up tying them back and put heat covering on them. I got the heat covering from a Ford TSB about fuel lines on vans, if memory serves me right.
Gearhead999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2000, 02:00 AM   #5
modelA
Registered Member

Lightbulb

I had the same prob on a 67 mustang with Headman Headers. I temporarily removed the PS stuff but when I put them back on I will tack weld a heat shield on the header, see how that goes.
modelA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: