MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-10-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
diecasthft
Registered Member

Default Power Steering w/ Hooker Headers

I was wondering if anyone has had any difficulty with installing Hooker Competition Plus headers on a Mustang with power steering. I have a 67 Fastback, it's only been on the road a few months, and I had the pressure hose break at the bend where it attaches to the p/s cylinder. I replaced that line, and now I noticed that the return line is starting to burn from the headers, and the new pressure hose is already starting to bend again at the cylinder. I guess the hoses are moving as I steer the car, and causing problems. I heard of some people using a 69 setup with ealier Mustangs with headers. Would this work?? And if so, would I use the 67 hoses, or 69 hoses?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Weather's getting nice...it's time to drive!!!!
diecasthft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
diecasthft
Registered Member

Default Re: Power Steering w/ Hooker Headers

Just an update.....it appears that the power steering hose bracket was modified to accomodate the headers when they were installed, and it actually made matters works...once we got the car in the air and could see what was happening, the fix was quick and easy....all is good with the car now and I had a great weekend driving around before the rain came!!!!
diecasthft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Re: Power Steering w/ Hooker Headers

Glad to hear you got it figured out! The rain sucks, but it makes donuts easier!