MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-10-2009, 07:08 AM   #1
ShaneHo
Registered Member

Default To: Raven 429

hello, please someone help!! last august i tore the engine out of my 73 mach 1 and what i thought was a 351c turns out maybe a 71 351c BOSS , a friend pointed out the block number and the 4 bolt main and said be happy you have a very rare boss351, so since then im trying to make sure my block is a boss here is the block number i have

D2AE-OA

if any one can help please do and thank you for your time
vincent

Brought A 78 F-350 Flat tray ute-Duallies-IN Queensland Australia East Coast. 4 speed Manual. The cast Number is D2AE-OA large circle embossed then another O after that, 1982 Crapper, somethiing about cast shifting There appears to be little correlation between the XE in the cast number and the XE Falcon model except that the two appeared concurrently on the scene. Apart from thicker bore walls, the XE blocks had thicker pan rails. Unfortunately, there was a problem and the casts suffered from core shift, to such an extent that Ford U.S. rejected them as unsuitable and left Ford Australia with them. Now Ford Australia, never being ones to miss an opportunity simply used the blocks and stuck them into passenger cars and trucks where the core shift problem was not noticable under normal driving conditions. These blocks have acquired some mythical status, but some accounts show that, as proved by Ford U.S, while the extra metal may be handy, actually benefitting from its presence while building a hi-po engine can be problematic.

Last edited by ShaneHo; 07-10-2009 at 07:27 AM..
ShaneHo is offline   Reply With Quote