View Single Post
Old 07-28-1999, 03:52 AM   #3
66fastback
Registered Member

Why is it I'm not surprised to see this post?
Could it be because Ford didn't see any reason to put connectors under the car by the back up lights?

I believe the CORRECT method of removing the wiring is inside the trunk. It's been a long time since I've had to do this, but I think you can disconnect them from the tail light harness.

Here is the problem. The wires for the back up lights go out the trunk though small holes under the car, not far behind the rear wheels. They come through the "inner quarter panels?"--I'm not sure what you call that part of the car.

The problem I have seen, is that after 35 years of heat and cold and wet, the rubber that these wires are set in is hard as a brick. Good luck pulling it out of the hole.

My car was completely disassembled when I bought it, and who ever removed the wires just cut through them. I guess they figured on replacing the harness. My car isn't a show car, so I just spliced them back.

I hope this helps out. BTW--I was just looking back at some old posts....did you ever find out what was wrong with the electrical problem?

------------------
66 GT Fastback 5.0, 5-speed, cable clutch, JBA's, 3.40 gears, EFI coming soon?

[This message has been edited by 66fastback (edited 07-28-1999).]
66fastback is offline   Reply With Quote