MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-05-2004, 10:10 PM   #1
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Rear window problems

I am having problems with my rear window in my 65. I put new plastic roller things in there, but the metal thing that goes into it keeps popping out. Sometimes, it will roll up and down a couple times, but then it will pop out. This makes the window fall down by its self. Hopefully you can figure out what Im talking about, because i dont really know the "real" names for this stuff. thanks for any help.
bmxmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:39 AM   #2
Kisner
Registered Member

The part you're talking about is the "quarter window frame to channel roller." The kits sold usually include the nylon window roller and pin. If memory serves me correctly there's 3 on each window frame and 2 more on the window regulator. However, the 2 nylon rollers on the regulator are held on with cotter-pin type clips. I've replaced the cotter-pin types but never have the rivet-type pin ones. So hopefully someone else knows how to properly mount the pin into the window frame.
Kisner is offline   Reply With Quote