MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-24-2003, 07:47 PM   #1
King Big Ben
Registered Member

Default Replacing stock guages with shelby in a 69?

First off its too far from stock to care about it anymore...and I don't want to get an autometer one that bolts onto my dash/steering column. I have a 69 coupe and it doesn't have a tach which is a real pain in the *** with tuning and...on occasion...racing. I've seen a couple 69/70 shelby guage clusters on ebay and I'm about to get one, but I'm wondering how much work it will be to replace it. It looks like i have to replace alot of my stock wiring and all that not to mention hooking up the tach. Oh and does anyone know where i can get a reproduction of it (tried Year1)?

Oh and what do you guys think of the 69 shelby hoods? personally i thought the 69 shelbies looked ugly and heavy...but i saw somewhere where you could buy a fiberglasss 69 shelby hood with working ram air that will fit normal 69/70 Mustangs, but it looks like someone just tooka giant hole puncher to a stock hood. And if the center scoop is for ram air then what are the 2 on the sides for?Heres a link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2429414783

-Ben
King Big Ben is offline   Reply With Quote