View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 08:40 PM   #4
eltupac
Registered Member

I'm back. So I got the car out of the dealer. I started driving it and what do you know. The vibration still there. I was so pissed. But before I went mad at the service department I decided to rule out the possibility that all mustangs had this problem. So I went to the showroom and asked for a test drive of a Mustang 04 convertible v6. I found one just like my wife's. The poor sales man brought the keys and off I went. I drove over the same road that I tested my wife's. The vibration was worst. At 55mph, it was bad. I understand that it could be because the car has been sitting there for a while and the tires could be low, whatever. But it was the same feeling, the same shimmy and this car had 14 miles on it. SO conclusion, they are all like that to ME. Maybe I am not used to a car that vibrates that much and maybe it is not that bad, but I am not used to it and I feel it more. So I got new bushings for the lower arm, oh well.
Another thing, in case you guys didnt know, all mustangs from 1980's to 2004 are built over the same undercarriage or suspension crap, whatever you call it, platform?. so because materials are lighter now they have to put weights on all four corners of the car to give it that same weight as the 80's had. Maybe that is why I feel vibration, huh? :doh:
Anyway, thanks to all you guys, maybe in the future I'll change the suspension.
Laters
eltupac is offline   Reply With Quote