MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-12-1999, 10:54 PM   #1
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Default Roller cam for older motors???

OK, here we go again. I was reading an article (already skeptical), and they were building a budget 351 (mustangs and fast fords). They put a roller cam into that motor and recommended it (no ####). They said it was a kit from CRAne, and said it was affordable. My question is, how much are one of these? I called summit about 3 months ago, and they quoted me about a grand!!! That is real affordable!!
so is there a cheaper kit?
Thanks,
rwhite65, fastback, aod, 4.10, 306
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-1999, 11:04 PM   #2
66fastback
Registered Member

Well a grand sounds out of line. I'm not EXACTLY sure of the prices, but both Crane and Comp Cams make retro-fit roller cam kits. They SHOULD run about $200 for the CAM and another $200 or so for the "conversion kit" (or some similar name). All this kit includes are roller lifters, alignment bars, retaining spyder, and some special nuts that drop down into a couple of the drainback holes ( the one's I've seen expand out to grip in the holes and are used on the retaining bolts for the spyder). Hope this helps some, whoever quoted you a grand for this setup is full of @#$%!!
66fastback is offline   Reply With Quote