MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-19-2002, 02:03 PM   #1
fireman442
Registered Member

Default Sad but true..

Well we are remodeling our home so my wife informed me is so many words that my baby has to go. I am selling my 1969 Mach 1 (with some hesitation but I love my wife more then I do the car). I will tell you guys alittle about it and if you want more info just let me know. It has a 428 with a Edelbrock Preformer intake and 650 Edelbrock carb. I replaced the points and put in a Flame Thrower II. Its a non a/c car. It is bright yellow with black stripes. Its not a numbers matching car but it runs great. The only things not working on the car is the radio and the clock. The interior is in good shape but will need either a new dash or just a dash cover. The door panels also need to be fixed or replaced. Its not a 100 point trailer queen but it is a great looking car and is fun to drive. It has a 3spd auto trans and shifts strong. I have never beaten this car and it spends its time when not on the road in the garage. I have a pic of it in the gallery. I am asking what I have in the car which is about $9500.00 I will answer all questions to the best of my ability so feel free to ask away. Thanks everyone!!
fireman442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 04:02 PM   #2
fordkid68
Registered Member

well I am not one to talk since I am only 16 and have no girl friend. but it seems there should be another way besides selling your car. I mean one of my friends dad sold his car chevy impala(I know it' not A ford but it goes with the story) to help pay for his sons school and like A month after he sold it he found out that there was another way and really regreted selling his car. so I know you are thinking what is this dumb kid doing giving me advice about something that he has never been threw. but just look for another way. but if ya have to sell then sorry about your lose and hopfully in A couple of years you will be able to start another project.

sorry if I am being dumb and not helping.

ford kid
fordkid68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 08:19 PM   #3
71grande
Registered Member

hee hee. Im evil...

try to sell your car for say $35,000 That way you can honestly say "Yes dear I am trying to sell it, but no one is interested." thats what I do and it has been working pretty good far the last 5 years.

Mike

My garage: 1971 Mustang Grande, MSD6A, 625 Road Demon JR, Edelbrock Performer manifold, Hopes and Dreams...

1970 Norton 750 Commando

1993 Saturn SC2. The wifeys. fuzzy dice and all.
71grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 09:10 PM   #4
Nightingale
Registered Member

Unhappy

I do believe that's a strategy worth a try! I sold one just before my daughter was born 14 years ago, I finally replaced it but the difference was major $$$ I understand responsibilities but is it the only option. Those sweet babys are hard to find and expensive when you do. Best of luck what ever happens
Old 08-22-2002, 03:17 PM   #5
one
Registered Member

I know there is a guy down here doing what 71 said. He has had his 70 for sale for over a year. Think he is asking 15 grand, you may think, " Oh that is not to much". Well it is a coupe with hub caps! and disc brakes, but it is his baby and he doesn't care what anyone says. You could try selling a kidney, bet you might make some cash on Ebay so you don't have to sell your baby. But seriously, on a scale of 1-10 over all what would you give the car?

One
one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 11:01 AM   #6
fireman442
Registered Member

I would give the car a 7.5 to 8
fireman442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 10:02 PM   #7
66 Racer
Registered Member

ah man,

dont sell it, like the other guy said, there has to be another way, im single too though, heh heh, and 19. One thing though that might buy you some time, SELL IT FOR WAY MORE than its worth. No one will want to buy an overpriced car, and unless your wife knows about mustangs value it should work. People wont even bother calling if its way overpriced. Im not too sure about prices but isnt 10g's a little on the inexpensive side for that car?

Ah man, good luck, im rebuilding my 66 coupe right now and cant drive it, BOY DOES IT HURT!!!!!!! But at least i get to see her everyday, can you imagine not leaving for work and not seeing your car, let alone not driving her, heh heh, I think i love my car to much. Just dont want you to regret it, i heard a few stories like that.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:53 AM   #8
DRASTiK
Registered Member

Man, I sold my 69 about two years ago, and here I am now, DESPERATELY trying to find another one to replace it. Unfortunately I don't have enough cash to buy yours, but if it makes ya feel better, I hear that in Washington D.C., they pay handsomely for a testicle donation

just messing around. Hope you find another solution

RHC member #75

My stang is FOR SALE!!
DRASTiK is offline   Reply With Quote