MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-11-2005, 08:06 PM   #21
slutbumwala
Registered Member

Default Re: Safety Issue 64 - 70 Mustangs

This problem is not unigue to early mustangs, this problem is present in all of them up to 05, they did not change this with the fox body nor the sn95. I have a 95 and I am conisdering the new fuel cell. It is expensive ($1200-2000) but I would rather not die so young. Up here, accidents are so damn frequent that I have been in 5 of them. I have not been driving any of these times, and four of the five were very avoidable, if both of the drivers weren't such, shall we say fucktards. But the fifth was the exact type that odds are would have killed us had we been in a mustang or pinto. A rear end collision that completelycrushed in the trunk. A little blast shield isn't going to chagne anything in a roll over, or a serious rear end collision and Ford has been sued over 100 times over the mustangs major fuel leaks in a roll over, and the placement of the fuel cell. Behind the rear axle is the absolute worst place for it, and they never updated it till now. Safety was placed behind the cost of converting it to above the axle. The crown vistorias is recent years have had the same problem and Ford is in major shit with the police departments that have had cars explode when hit from behind and have hired an outside outfit to put new fuel cells in these cars.
slutbumwala is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: