MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-11-2001, 03:19 AM   #1
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Post wear your seatbelts...

I saw the worst accident of my life tonight, and I was the first person there. A guy died right next to me on the road. Wear your seatbelts guys. I'll post the details in the morning. I'm really shaken up right now.

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406- TFS Heads, E-303, edelbrock intake,70MM TB, 73mm MAF, off road H, headers and 3chamber flows.
12.55@107mph
Mustang owners get a 15% discount!
www.OJAIPCPROS.com
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 04:49 AM   #2
slowride90
Registered Member

yeah, after the 3 seat belt tickets i'm getting the hang of the click it or ticket.
slowride90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 06:46 AM   #3
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

Holy!!!

Check my car at my site and you can tell I take safety very seriously. I had a MOMO racing seat with 4 point harness.

I want to hear the story Skyman. It's good to be reminded of things can go wrong sometimes.

[This message has been edited by LT1 Z28 (edited 05-11-2001).]
LT1 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 10:09 AM   #4
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Unhappy

ugh.. sorry to hear that bro...

When i was 15-17 i'd work summers in Aiken, SC at my uncles custom paint/body shop. My aunt loved to drive the big wrecker on calls (she's a liiiiiiil weird but cool as hell... 5'1" tall woman hops outta a bigass wrecker.. you'd hafta see it lol). I used to go with her, and sometimes they didnt radio that it was a fatality until we were en-route so she couldnt turn around and take me back to her house. Ugh, metal with that much energy does some pretty nasty things to bodies. The worst i ever saw was... this woman in a lil subcompact car. She was late for something, and had her 3yr old son in the pass seat. B*tch ran a stopsign.. and got t-boned by a dodge ram truck doing the speedlimit (55). =( Was sad. Of course.. then everyone got angry at the woman.. for killing her son. It took hours to get the bodies/pieces out. The B-pillar on the pass side was TOUCHING the B-pillar on the drivers side. Another 3-5inches either way and the truck woulda hit a wheel and spun the car around. The pass seat was crushed flat under the bpillar and where the floorpan rolled up over the side of it.

Fack. Seeing things like that.. has probably kept me from getting hurt a few times. Its not something you want to see... but it may benifit you in the long run.

Be careful.

Phil
Jerico Performance
SkarodoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 02:37 PM   #5
88GT5.013.02

This sounds pretty gruesome, but a friend of mine from high school saw a very bad accident that he needed couseling for. He saw someone's head go rolling down the expressway. That's terrible. I think SKar is right, sometimes God does terrible things to us to remind us of our consequences.

My dad saw an accident where an elderly woman passed out behind the wheel and veered and hit someone (two lane highway in the country) head on. The lady died in my dad's arms. She was trapped under the dash, there was nothing my dad could do.
Old 05-11-2001, 02:48 PM   #6
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

I had just gotten some dinner with my friends at in and out and we parked on the side of the road to eat it. No less than 2 min later. This 60's cadilac comes down the other side of the road doing 65+ mph in the wrong lane with the head lights off and slams this poor lady. She tried to swerve out of the way and probably saved her life as she didn't head on it. Her car was thrown a good 20 feet off the road. They contined on and spun down hitting a couple trees. There was 4 guys in the car. My friend and I were the first ones there. 2 of the guys were thrown a good 30+ feet from the cadilacc down the road, one guys leg was twisted around backwards pretty bad, and they were all unconcious. 2 others were screwed up hanign out the side with blood everywhere, and one of them died right there in front of us as the cop came up, he was checking his pulse and he died. He was probably 18-19. There was beer everywhere and it just reeked of alcohol. Natural Ice beer cans all over the place. Their car was destroyed, the seats flew out, the drivers door was 15 feet from the car, the axle rolled down the road. It was really bad. THe only good news being the other lady was fine other than a cut on her forehead. She was wearing her seat belt and lucky driving a fairly heavy car (1995 Explorer). I know if this big cadilacc had his my friend and I in our honda civc we probably would have been dead. We were in the exact spot 2 min before, and it could have as easily been us. Sometimes we need a reality check to make sure we don't do stupid things.

Skyler
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 03:22 PM   #7
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

Ouch. Drinking and Driving is stupid...
A 60's Cadi is a big car with a lot of steel. They must have been really flying to destroy it like that.

I was unlocking the LX door one day last year when I heard a bang! Everything else after that was like slow motion in a movie. I looked up over my left shoulder and saw a minivan do a roll in the air. It slammed onto the ground and slid to a stop upside down. Me and another guy ran up and the driver was strapped in, looking down at the roof of her car. She was in shock. But she was alive and lucky. The belt saved her life.

------------------
1997 Black Cobra Convertible. #2788 of 3088
Mostly Stock - Vortech Anyone?
1988 5.0 LX Convertible -Work Car...Few Mods.
Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 05:06 PM   #8
Kevin Price
Registered Member

Man, this type of stuff sucks.

Bad thing is, you never forget it. Sometimes it's good in that it serves as a reminder that there are certai things out of our control.

I know when an idiot in a Camaro was showing off by passing a girl (on a hill) and hit me head on. I still have flashbacks when I see oncoming cars.

Good thing is, I guess, I never assume anything. Don't assume someone is going to stop, don't assume the other driver sees you...don't assume anything.

Be careful folks!!

------------------
SVO siamesed 351 stroked to 417ci,Yates heads, solid roller,Trans King glide and a little blue bottle
of giggle gas. My Car
Kevin Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 07:13 PM   #9
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I've seen some serious accidents, and I've driven by as people were zipped up in bodybags.

I was also in a combined 60mph head on collision with a 95 Impala SS in my 88 LX hatch years ago. Everybody walked away from that accident, and my Mustang took the brunt of the force as I was moving slow and the SS was moving pretty quick.

People seem to come out of the woodwork to ram my cars... I don't get it, my friend started thinking I was paranoid till he lost his license for 6mo fleeing and I was driving him to our work everyday. He started figuring out that people really are trying to hit my car!!! Anyway, from the couple of accidents I've been in in Mustang's (rear ended, head on etc) I've gained a tremendous respect for how safe the cars really are.

There were two accidents I recall that I thought I was gonna see people die in that didn't. One was a dump truck that veered off the hiway and proceeded to roll several times right in front of me. I remember seeing the driver get out. The other was on my way back from St. Cloud, MN. Heading 94E back to the cities I saw what appeared to be a head on collision between an 18 wheeler and a Volvo. Traffic was crawling, roads were icy and snowy. The firemen had the jaws of life out trying to pry the Volvo open. As I got closer I expected to see a lifeless body inside, but to my suprise and thorough amusement, here was a guy hopping around inside the car like he didn't even have a scratch. This Volvo was annihilated! And he looked like he was havin a great old time inside the car, crawling from front to back to get out of the way of the jaws of life. I was glad, and it reaffirmed everything I've ever heard of Volvo safety.

Incidently, I've seen two Geo Metro vs 18 wheeler accidents right before my eyes. The Geo lost, big time.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 05:47 AM   #10
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Wow dude that sucks.
I hate seeing stuff like that. Car accidents can be very violent. I did realize how bad they where until I was in one. I was in a freinds s 10 and we got rearended by a lexus suv. My back and neck hurt for months after that.
I haven't seen to many accidents happen but i have seen people laying in body bags on the side of the road. I always feel a little wierd after that.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 09:48 AM   #11
Capri306

I really feel bad for their families having to go through that kind of preventable tragedy. That's about the biggest reality check we younger 'Stangers can get; I've been at that kind of thing, too, and it really does make me think when I drive or do anything sorta foolish. I've always worn my belt, a practice instilled in me by my parents. It's the sole reason I'm still alive today due to the number of other people's vehicles I've been involved in an accident with. Sorry you had to be there to see that stuff, Sky.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 12:51 AM   #12
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Skyman, I feel for you. Last July 4th weekend I saw a huge head on collision, and when we pulled over, the others I was with ran to the highway phone, and I walked down the embankment towards the wreckage just to see a dead guy with massive injuries lying in the weeds. My stomach churned and I just stared at him. It was so quiet and surreal. I'm still not over it.
The guy was wearing his seatbelt in his Saturn, which was DESTROYED, but it didnt matter, cause he was hit going 55+ by a drunken illegal immigrant in a stolen F-150 truck going 75.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Pulleys, mufflers, K&N
Steeda springs, subs, strut tower, CC plates
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote