Thread: Severe Wobble
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 06:12 PM   #1
orlowted
Registered Member

Default Severe Wobble

Hello all - All my winter projects are completed. I re-did the fromt suspension, fixed the steering and replaced the rear springs. I am having a major problem....I took the car out today for the first time to get gassed up and go for a test ride and as soon as I hit the road and went over 10 mph the car started to shake very hard. I could not tell where it was coming from? The car drove fine before I did the mods I mentioned above over the winter. I have a feeling it is shaking because of the new rear springs. When I put thie springs on - it lowered the car by several inches. I did not think anything about it at the time, because they were heavy duty springs, but do you think because of the height difference my U-Joints are causeing the problem or maybe the driveshaft itself. How do I check the dirveshaft - I want to start to rule areas OUT as the cause. U really don't think it is the trans or the front end. It vibrates and shakes just as much when coasting (which is what I did all the way back to the house).

Where should I start and what should I look for....As a positive note - the car steers great, spedo now works and the new shifter and trans are great....

Hope someone can help!

TJ
orlowted is offline   Reply With Quote