View Single Post
Old 11-15-2002, 09:08 PM   #8
SleeperGT
Registered Member

OK folks, next to Mustangs the only other cars I'd like to own one day would be a BMW, and that will only happen if my car tastes ever mature beyond a 16 year olds (no offense to anyone with that comment I hope). That being said I know this thing was one of the little convertibles, a Z3. Though the race was a blur because of the speeds, it was directly in the lane next to me and I had to look down to wave to the driver, and at that point we were doing reasonable speeds. It was no M3 or M5 or Z8. I'm telling you all, or I should say y'all since I now live in Jax, that this was one of the little guys with the new 3.0 6's in it. I know now that I should have followed the guy when he got off the highway to see what the heck he did to it. BMW's are really intended for serious drivers, they are great machines and have received unfair reputations because all the freaking yuppies always buy them. When you purchase them you can get them with all kinds of great sport options, which are intended for real drivers (not that BMW offers any sort of 100 hp upgrade from the factory). So I really would not doubt that someone buying one of these little cars for what they are intended for, would go out and do some serious mods to it, yet keep it low key because he holds some kind of "respectable" job (again no offense to anyone).
3.1" Pulley
Paxton Air-to-Air Aftercooler
90 mm MAS
42 lb injectors
Cobra Fuel Pump
70 mm AccuFab Throttlebody
C & L Intake Plenum
2 1/2" X-pipes
Anderson PowerPipe
MagnaFlow Mufflers
Diablo Custom Chip
3.73's