MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-16-2001, 09:17 PM   #1
red5.0
Registered Member

Question bosche spark plugs

does anyone know anything about the bosche double platuim spark plugs and wires??? are they worth getting?

------------------
92" GT 5.0
red5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 12:02 AM   #2
Capri306

AFAIK, Bosch only makes Platinum and Platinum+4 plugs, and only their own Premium wiresets.

The plugs suck IMHO and experience, the wires are awesome also IMHO and experience. The platinum plugs I tried in my '85 4-banger 'Stang last fall and I got half the gas mileage and power than I did with my good ol' Champions. Crapnums were in my Notch when I bought it; soon as I installed RV15YC4 Champions the pinging went away I was having, and the power was back up with the mileage. The wires are a different story. They have stainless steel wrapped around the center carbon strand with fiberglass reinforcement, intentions being that the spark energy will last longer than with just a carbon strand alone. I don't know if that's possible but they seem to work great on my 4-banger and 5.0L.

REMEMBER, these are just my opinions and personal experiences. Anyone wanting to jump me over this is taking it too far.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 12:43 AM   #3
white00GT
Registered Member

I wouldn't run platinum plugs, and I don't. If I remember correctly it is something like the tips on platinum run extreamly hot which is no good. That is why ppl run them in econ-boxes because the tips run so hot that they are less likly to foul out. Basically a big no no for performance. So IMHO get copper plugs not platinum.

------------------
2000 Mustang GT
white00GT is offline   Reply With Quote