MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-19-2002, 12:42 PM   #1
chris91LX
Registered Member

Question Engine shake problem?

I'm having some engine shaking problems with my new setup. I have:
stock short block, Edelbrock 6032's, TFS Stage 1 Cam, ported Cobra intake, 76mm maf, 70mm tb, 24lb inj., 190lph fp, pullies, BM Elec. fan, Crane Hi 6s ign, LTs, o/r h, Dynomax cat back and I'm sure some other stuff I can't think of right now, but that is the pertinent stuff.
The engine has a tendency to really shake alot at idle, but it's not constant, it'll come and go. There is also a tendency for the idle to surge up and down like a yo yo, especially when I first start it, but that also doesn't happen everytime (though it's started happening more often than not now). I have the C&L tube that runs from the tb to the MAF and that thing really rattles against the shock tower (it's a really tight fit, less than a half inch of clearance) I pounded out the shock tower a little for clearance, but the engine really seems to rattle bad at low rpm and that's where it hits more often than not.
The car also bucks bad in low RPMs, like when I'm slowing down in gear and the rpms hit 1500 the car start to buck and quake. I was told this was most likely the cam and I was wondering if the cam is causing the motor to shake at idle too.
Is the cam causing this shaking at idle?
Is there anything that I can do to ease the bucking and shaking of the car at low rpms?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Chris
chris91LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 05:31 PM   #2
gtsr515
Registered Member

Check for vacuum leaks first, make sure all the clamps and such from the MAF are tight, 24lb injectors suck, that could be the problem, are your 02's in good shape?, MAP sensor good?, check and make sure the PCV valve didn't pop loose, is the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator connected, SPOUT connected? Do you have a 160 stat? get rid of it! Throttle position sensor set in the proper range?

Check timing, set to 10 degrees.

Overall, I think it's a vacuum leak

Good luck, hope this helped