MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-26-2000, 11:28 PM   #1
injected_68
Registered Member

Post still confused...

Hello guy's i am new here as you can tell and i will be needing alot help as well..Let me start by saying i was going to scrap the whole resto-mod project and sell her because of the vast amounts of rust i have been finding in my '68 coupe..i only paid $400.00 bucks for the car and the quarters and doors are mint but the floors are gone and the cowl is completely gone i wish i would have known this before i bought it. the frame rail are in very good shape and the trunk is in good shape, my question is : how much should i expect to pay to have the whole underneath of the cowl replaced ?..keep in mind that i am on a tight budget and not in a very big hurry and i'm only 23 years old and i have done a few chevy's in the past 5 years, but this is my first mustang and i will be die hard mustang for the rest of my life..any help is already greatly appreciated and thank you for the space. Dan
injected_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2000, 01:06 AM   #2
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I feel your pain. My first car was a buetifull 64 1/2 6cyl coupe. I didnt know anything about cars when I got it.

I was in a horrible accident with it and I started learning alot fast about these cars. It had tons of frame rust, the seller covered all the holes in the front and rear frame rails with bondo and painted over them. Believe it or not, the only good things on the car are the floor pans, and the cowl area. I still have it and hope to restore it about 10 years down the road.

The usual cowl repairs cost on an average of 1600 dollars, the floor pans are alot cheaper depending on what it is you need done and how good you want it done. If your torque box is all ate up it can get costly, but for floor pans you can expect to spend about 450-650 for floor pan repairs.

The second 64 1/2 coupe I bought luckily didnt have any rust on the major parts, just a little bit in the passenger door.

Dont give up on it. If you do, dont scrap the stang. I hate to see a mustang taken to the grave yard and left for dead.

------------------
64 1/2 Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, 3:1 rear gear. Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 windsor valves, high side of 10.5:1 comp, 1.7:1 sled rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, autolite 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd.

64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Auto. project car.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote