View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 10:56 PM   #14
Mustang_GT_90
Registered Member

I just got a set of Lakewood 90/10 for the front and 50/50s for the back and I'm getting adjustable uppers and solid lowers. Hopefully that will help out somewhat because my car transfers no weight. It stays pretty much the same height off the the line and down the track.
The MSD Window Switch is a little box that takes pills like the rev limiter stuff and the MSD boxes. It turns something on at a certain RPM and turns it off at another. You adjust that by putting rpm "pills" in it. How it works is you just wire it in with ground so that your nitrous relay grounds through it. Mine is wired so that the switching stuff triggers the ground side of the relay.
I've got it wired so that one side of the window switch is going to the WOT switch on the TB. The other side of the wot switch comes out and goes to the ground side of the coil on the relay. The hot side of that coil is through my arming switch inside the car.
When you arm it the relay has hot to one side but no ground. Then when you floor it and the switch gets to 3000 RPM, it gets ground through the wide open throttle switch.
That way the nitrous is only spraying from 3000-6000 when the car is to the floor. If your foot comes off the floor it cuts out, and if you over rev and miss a gear nitrous cuts off. It should be set lower to probably around 5500 or so but I was experimenting with my shift points and stuff. The MSD switch is almost a must for saftey on a straight shift car if you ask me.
We've actually thought about putting a set of wider slicks on my car and probably will next season to see what the difference is. Mine are like 9.8" wide I think I can't remember off the top of my head. I've tried them all the way down to 10 PSI and they still spin off the line but I'm thinking that has a lot to do with the rest of my suspension. The springs that are on it somebody heated and it killed them so the suspension is unbelivably stiff.
Check out our clubs website at http://www.stanggang.com
Mustang_GT_90 is offline   Reply With Quote