MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-29-2003, 09:35 PM   #1
carboy
Registered Member

Question Subframe Connectors

I have a 66 coupe that is starting to show cracks at the rear quarter window area. I hear this is a common problem.
I also hear that it is real easy to install subframe connectors to remedy this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on what size steel to use for best results. I have a mig welding machine and feel i just need a few tips on this subject.
I plan on mostly road racing and a roll bar will be in the near future. But a few passes at the STRIP are not out of the question!
66 coupe, 306 balanced bluprinted, performer intake,725 Road Demon, Crane Cam, Tri-Y Headers, factory Shelby glass packs 2 1/4 with exit in front of rear wheels, 3:50 rear, 8 inch rear, mustang plus suspension, 41/2 mideye leafs, 620 springs on front, kyb gas shocks. tony branda shelby hood, r-model valance, rear side scoops(functional),stainless steel slotted front brake system,,13.39 1/4 mile with no slicks and no posi.
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 06:46 AM   #2
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

You can save the hassel and just buy a pair. I'm looking at a catelog right now, and they have regular boxed steel ones for like 85 bucks and tubular ones for 170. Then you just weld em in.
I'm planning on getting a set for mine with my next round of orders, along with a MC bar.

J
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote